DR MICHAEL KERNOHAN
MBBS MRCS BDS FDSRCS MSC FRCS(plast) FRACS
Dr Michael Kernohan is a highly specialised and experienced Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeon, fully qualified in both Australia and the UK. He has had an extensive training including dual qualification in dentistry and medicine. His training path has taken him around the world acquiring skills from some of the best surgeons on the planet. He spent a year in subspecialty fellowship in Head & Neck Oncology in Sydney then a further advanced fellowship in microsurgical reconstruction. He then moved to London to work intensively with one of the most eminent and published facelift surgeons.
He started his consultant career at the Royal Victoria Infirmary and Freeman Hospitals in England where the Plastic Surgery department has a high workload of Head & Neck / facial reconstruction and one of the UKs largest facial palsy services. After nearly four years he moved back to Sydney where he now lives permanently with his family.
He practices in the Eastern Suburbs via a public and private appointment to St Vincent’s Hospital, Darlinghurst and also in Southwest Sydney at Liverpool and Campbelltown, where he is the Clinical Stream Director for the surgical specialties. He is also accredited at the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse.
Sub specialty fellowship experience
· Head and Neck oncology and reconstruction – Royal Prince Alfred
· Reconstructive microsurgery – St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney
· Cosmetic Surgery – King Edward VII Hospital & Harley Street, London
· Consultant Plastic Surgeon specialising in Head & Neck and Microsurgical Reconstruction, NHS UK
Areas of expertise
· Facial reanimation
· Facial trauma management
· Face, nose and eyelid surgery, with advanced cosmetic and reconstructive techniques
· 3D printing and virtual surgical planning
· Head and neck surgery including salivary glands